Orange County Recovery Services is a state licensed treatment facility located in Huntington Beach, CA. We provide confidential, solution-based treatment options for individuals and their families confronted by drug and alcohol-related issues. Studies have consistently shown that recovery rates are significantly higher for clients in a structured, intensive outpatient program during their first year of sobriety. Our Intensive Outpatient Program provides comprehensive treatment services to men ages 18 and over which includes the following;
- One-on-One and Group Counseling
- Education about the Disease of Addiction
- Relapse Prevention Strategies
- Vocational Training and Guidance
- Drug Screening Twice Weekly
- Outside Referrals (Doctors, Psychologists/Psychiatrists, Sober Living Facilities)
Outpatient treatment offers clients the support they need to continue building their foundation of recovery. The commitment of OCRS is to provide a supportive environment for clients to address and resolve personal, relationships, employment, legal, and other problems. While continuing to assist clients in the development of relapse prevention skills, ability to manage triggers, and effectively use coping skills to maintain recovery.
The goals of treatment, quality of services provided, and the strategies to engage clients in the recovery process are similar to the intensive outpatient program. Outpatient is often less intensive and clients meet less frequency for groups, however our clients will still meet with a licensed therapist 1x weekly for individualized therapy and as part of their continued individualized treatment plan.
Client Goals: Outpatient Treatment
- Solidify abstinence- Demonstrate ability to remain clean and sober. Integrate into the sober community and utilization of recovery resources such as sponsor.
- Practice relapse prevention skills – Demonstrate ability to utilize relapse prevention skills and coping skills to manage and reduce cravings.
- Improve emotional and mental health functioning – Demonstrate ability to maintain emotional balance despite of external circumstances. Reduced impulsivity, improved anger management skills. Demonstrate ability to comply with medication management therapy as prescribed by a licensed psychiatrist and to remain current with follow up appointments when applicable.
- Broaden sober social networks – Demonstrate the willingness to engage with and maintain a sober social support group. Increase sober activities and involvement.
- Address other problem areas – Demonstrate the willingness to identify, process, and resolve impairments as they relate to family dynamics, education, employment, past trauma with resources provided by treatment providers and vocational resources.
- Educate the families on current and accurate information about addiction, treatment, and recovery.
- Empower family members to communicate thoughts and feelings with authenticity.
- Provide a forum for families to discuss issues in recovery, ask questions, receive feedback and support.
- Promote and encourage families to care for themselves throughout this process.